- You’ve heard people say, “They wear their emotions on their sleeve.” In what ways does the human heart wear the old-life? (Think attitudes, lies, expectations, opinions of others, past mistakes, etc…)
- In what ways have you seen “living for self” make someone calloused toward God and others?
- In what ways have you seen your own heart hardened by “living for self?”
- What is the danger in letting the “old-life” hang around?
- Why do you think Paul was so adamant about getting rid of the old life? Why did he think it was rotten through and through?
- The Ephesians had let the old-life effect their handling of the truth, anger, wealth, and speech. If Paul was addressing you, which areas of your life would he address?
- Sometimes we are blind to the things that bind us. In what ways have other people shown you thoughts, habits, and actions that don’t align with the New-life.
- The difference between nagging and accountability is….Permission. Who in you life has permission to call out your blind spots?
- How can we as a group give each other permission to challenge one another the way Paul challenged the Ephesians.